Summer School // Sculpture: One Week One Figure
An opportunity for an intense week of sculpting, drawing, studying and celebrating the human figure. During this course, students will explore all the richness and complexity attached to the interpretation of the body anatomically, artistically and culturally. We will consider what the figure expresses, what it is and how it is used within art. Aided by drawings and subsidiary models made in the class, students will work up one 17” sculpture throughout the week. Students of all levels are welcome, beginners and mature sculptors alike, with one-to-one tuition given.
Materials that will be needed are as follows.
Modelling material (not clay):
- In the UK buy from Nottcutts (not the nursery): Modelling Compound
- 1 x 1kg bar of grey (medium hard)
- 3 x 1kg bars of white (soft)
- Buy from Tiranti: Plasterline
- 1 x 1kg bar of Medium Hard
- 3 x 1kg bars Soft
- 1 square section Aluminium Wire from Tiranti: 1/2 kilo and 4.75 mm thick
- 1 meter of 2mm Wire OR Coat Hanger Wire from a garden centre
- 2m Binding Wire from a garden centre
- 8 inch Sliding Armature Support from Tiranti
- strong pliers x 2
- small hack saw
- modelling tools (ribbon loop tools of different sizes)
- paper and pencils
- Unfortunately, we do not offer concessions on our Summer School courses.
All of our course rates are subsidised and we also offer a comprehensive concessions scheme. View all course fees and concessions.