Our studios are open with Covid-19 safety measures in place. We will continue to run online courses for those who would like to continue learning from home.
Read on to see how our studios are operating safely...
How we're making the School Covid-safe
Government restrictions regarding Covid-19 were updated on the 24th February, and following new HE guidelines, wearing masks on our premises and in the studios will now be optional. Those who wish to continue to wear masks in the studios and around the building, should absolutely do so.
Please be reassured, we will continue as usual, to ventilate and clean the studios on a regular basis, for the safety of all who visit the School.
Here is a reminder of the safety measures we currently have in place:
- We have a unique learning environment welcoming people from different generations, backgrounds and vulnerability levels drawing together, and as it will now be an individual choice to wear a mask, we do ask that everyone continue to be respectful and mindful of the choices of others and continue to help us create a safe space for all.
- Hand sanitiser is freely available on arrival and throughout the School
- 1m social distancing is encouraged throughout the building and studios where possible
- Student numbers on each course have been capped below maximum studio capacity to allow for more distancing.
- Easels will be set out in advance by technicians in order to achieve optimum social distancing in the studios as possible
- Well-ventilated studios (so please ensure you dress warmly)
- Online courses for those who aren't able to return to the studios (see below)
As testing is no longer a requirement and Track and Trace will not be running, we will be unable to notify individuals moving forward if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive.
However, until the end of this Spring Term, if someone does tell us they have tested positive, we will let all students, faculty and models in that particular class know via email.
We encourage all students and staff of the School to take up the offer of both doses of the vaccine, and the booster shot as soon as they become eligible.
If you do have any COVID-19 symptoms including a high temperature, a new continuous cough or loss of taste or smell, or you test positive for the virus, please stay at home as you would with any other illness.
If you have been advised to follow any other guidelines due to being particularly vulnerable, or if you have any other questions about this, please contact us to discuss: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public transport is up and running in London with safety measures in place, however we understand that some students might prefer a different mode of transport.
For students who are cycling to the studios, there are bike racks on Great Eastern Street and at the end of Charlotte road (south side). You can see the exact locations and others here
For students who are driving, here are some car parks which avoid the congestion charge:
The Old Truman Brewery carparks (15mins walk)
Euro Car Park Shoreditch (5mins walk)
New North Road carpark (10mins walk)
Students who are planning to come to the studios by foot can find walking routes on the TfL website here
For students who are concerned about or unable to return to the studio environment, live outside of London or abroad, or those who have specific access needs or find it difficult to fit a course into a working week, our Online Programme will continue to run alongside our studio-based programme enabling you to draw with us, wherever you are. Continue to develop your practice from home - all you need is a good internet connection and your materials.