Our studios are currently open with Covid-19 safety measures in place. We will continue to run online courses for those who would like to continue learning from home.
Read on to see how our studios will be opening safely...
How we're making the School Covid-safe
There have been recent updates to the government guidelines on the approach to teaching and learning in higher education (HE). The government asks HE providers to continue to make efforts to reduce the risk of transmission where possible. We will continue to encourage measures that keep students and staff safe and help prevent positive covid cases or outbreaks disrupting our programme.
In order to ensure that we can welcome students back to draw with us we have put the following measures in place to reduce the risk of transmission:
- As per government guidelines, we ask that face coverings should be worn at all times when inside the building, including in the studios at your workstation, when moving around the building, and in communal areas. The wearing of face coverings will be kept under review.
- Hand sanitiser is freely available on arrival and throughout the School
- 1m social distancing is encouraged throughout the building and studios where possible
- Student numbers on each course have been capped below maximum studio capacity to allow for more distancing.
- Easels will be set out in advance by technicians in order to achieve optimum social distancing in the studios as possible
- Well-ventilated studios (so please ensure you dress warmly)
- Online courses for those who aren't able to return to the studios (see below)
We strongly recommend that students test twice weekly using home rapid lateral flow test kits throughout the term, including before arrival at the School on the morning that the course begins.
Rapid lateral flow tests kits can be ordered on the government website here.
If the School is notified of a positive Covid-19 case, we will inform any students and staff who have been in close contact with them. This will be for information only, and any further advice will be given by NHS test and trace.
The NHS Test and Trace QR code is available at the reception check-in to Charlotte Road, to be scanned with the app. (Please note this is a separate QR code than the login code to the building).
We encourage all students and staff of the School to take up the offer of both doses of the vaccine, and the booster shot as soon as they become eligible.
1 in 3 people with Covid-19 do not show symptoms, regular testing is vital to reducing the spread of the virus and keeping everyone safe.
Please stay at home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, including a high temperature, a new continuous cough or loss of taste or smell.
Public transport is up and running in London with safety measures in place, however we understand that some students might prefer a different mode of transport.
For students who are cycling to the studios, there are bike racks on Great Eastern Street and at the end of Charlotte road (south side). You can see the exact locations and others here
For students who are driving, here are some car parks which avoid the congestion charge:
The Old Truman Brewery carparks (15mins walk)
Euro Car Park Shoreditch (5mins walk)
New North Road carpark (10mins walk)
Students who are planning to come to the studios by foot can find walking routes on the TfL website here
For students who are concerned about or unable to return to the studio environment, live outside of London or abroad, or those who have specific access needs or find it difficult to fit a course into a working week, our Online Programme will continue to run alongside our studio-based programme enabling you to draw with us, wherever you are. Continue to develop your practice from home - all you need is a good internet connection and your materials.