International students

Information for non-UK passport holders:

EU/EEA and international students wishing to study on the Drawing Year will require either:

  • A valid UK passport
  • Settled or Pre-settled Status in the UK
  • A Graduate visa
  • Another form of valid visa for the duration of your studies 

As an independent school, we are not currently able to sponsor Student visas. Regrettably, we are therefore not able to consider applications from international and EU students who are not eligible for a UK visa, Graduate visa or don't already have Settled/Pre-Settled Status granted under the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

EU/EEA Nationals with Settled or Pre-settled Status 

After Brexit, all EU/EEA students require pre-settled or settled status in order to study on The Drawing Year. If originally from a country in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need to have either  

You will not be eligible to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) unless you were living in the UK before 31 December 2020. For more information please see

Before starting study, the School would require evidence of your Settled or Pre-Settled Status and evidence of your identity.

Graduate Visa 

The Graduate visa launched on 1 July 2021. A Graduate visa gives you permission to stay in the UK for at least 2 years after successfully completing a course of study in the UK (such as a BA or MA). Your current visa must be a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa.

The Graduate visa is open to students currently studying in the UK and you must apply before your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa expires.

You can apply for a Graduate visa if all of the following are true:

  • you’re in the UK
  • your current visa is a Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • you studied a UK bachelor’s degree, postgraduate degree or other eligible course for a minimum period of time with your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • your education provider (such as your university or college) has told the Home Office you’ve successfully completed your course

A Graduate visa lasts for 2 years, beginning from the day the application is approved, and would give you sufficient time to complete the Drawing Year course (15 months).

Students wishing to apply for a Graduate visa would need to do so upon receiving a confirmed offer to study on the Drawing Year. Successful interviewees would usually receive an offer of study in late May/early June.  

For more information please see Graduate visa - GOV.UK (