Young Artists Easter Holiday Course 1 (aged 10 -15 years)
Step into a world of imagination, exploring classic folktales from around the world that will inspire you to create your own timeless story that you have written, illustrated and bound by hand.
We will look at folktales from Hans Christian Anderson to Angela Carter to see how they captivate people through enduring tales that are reinvented again and again.
We will explore how to create characters that are unusual and compelling, taking inspiration from artists such as Paula Rego and Nancy Spero. We will experiment with creating a sense of place and atmosphere by drawing outside on location and from renaissance art. Our approach will be playful and exploratory with each student being encouraged to express their unique artistic voice.
Join this course if you are interested in:
- Character life drawing
- Location drawing
- Imagined landscapes
- Nature and still life
- Costume and theatre
What you will take away from this course:
- Confidence in expressing your own artistic voice.
- An introduction to some inspirational artists and writers.
- The ability to work both directly from observation and from your own imagination.
- Experience of making art in a professional studio environment.
- The opportunity to meet other young people who also have a passion for art and drawing.