Each term we reserve a number of spaces on each Young Artists course for Scholarship students.
Young Artist Scholarships at the Royal Drawing School
The school is committed to making all courses offered affordable and available regardless of background or circumstance. Therefore we offer a number of 50% and 100% means-tested scholarships for each course. Scholarships are awarded to students who have a passion and aptitude for drawing and are able to commit to regular attendance.
Applications to be on the Young Artists Scholarship Database will open on Tuesday 30 May and close on Friday 16 June at midday.
Parent or guardian | How to apply
If you would like to apply for a scholarship on behalf of your child, please complete the Scholarship Application Form. Once received, your application will be assessed and if successful you will be added to our Scholarship Database.
If you are successful we will email you to confirm you have been added to the Scholarship Database.
- To apply for the 100% scholarship, your child must be a recipient of Free School Meals. You must provide evidence of this by uploading a scan or photograph to your application form in the box provided.
- To apply for the 50% scholarship, parents must be in receipt of Tax Credits. You can upload a copy, scan or photo of the notification letter to your application form in the box provided.
- If there are extenuating circumstances you would like us to consider please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Once you have been added to the Scholarship Database
Once you are added to our database you will receive an email ahead of the start of each term asking you to select your course preferences.* All courses are allocated on a first come first serve basis. If you are successful in securing a place on a course we will email you to confirm which course your Young Artist will be attending.*Please note being added to the database is not a guarantee of a place on a termly course.
Teachers | How to apply
If you would like to apply for a scholarship place on behalf of one of your students (11-18) please email email@example.com directly nominating the student you would like us to consider. We understand that due to data protection regulations, you may not be able to provide us with proof of Free School Meals or Tax Credits.
Please include at least two clear photographs of the student’s drawing as attachments.
As well as artistic promise, we are looking for students who:
- Are enrolled in a comprehensive state school.
- Are from a low-income family.
- Would benefit from extracurricular tuition in drawing.
- Would commit to regular attendance.
- Have any other extenuating circumstances that you would like us to consider.
- The Director of Education will consider recommended students on a case-by-case basis and in discussion with the Young Artist Programme Manager.
New After School Programme
Over the next year The Royal Drawing School will be launching a number of new mid-week, full-scholarship programmes to support those aged 10 – 18 (in school years 5 – 13). These weekly classes will be taught by professional practicing artists, who will guide students through a range of observational drawing exercises. Students will learn skills that allow you to explore your creativity outside the curriculum while building a portfolio of high-quality work that supports your progress in Arts Education. These programmes is designed to complement a students studies over a whole academic year.
Launching with the Young Associates After School Programme: Cass Arts Islington for Autumn 2022. This is a free scholarship course for young people aged 15 - 18 who have a passion for drawing and a desire to improve their skills. This course is based at Cass Arts Islington, Tuesday's 4.30pm – 6.30pm.